SXSWi 2012 Newbie Packing Guide
So this is my first time to visit SXSWi. I know, a total newb to the conference! I’ve been stressing as to which sessions to attend, scheduling parties, rsvping to karaoke, and finding out what my friends will be attending.
It’s like planning your freshman year in college without deciding your major.
Now that it’s down to the wire for SXSWi 2012, it’s time to start packing. Outside of clothes (which I am still a little stressed about), I’ve started making a list of what I think will be essentials. Following this list on Pinterest has helped spark a few ideas.
So what are my essentials? Here is my SXSWi 2012 Newbie Packing Guide:
- iPhone with charger
- Macbook with charger
- Business Cards
- Water bottle
- Umbrella – forecast predicts rain the whole time!
- Day to Night Outfits (packing less clothes this way!)
- Flats (miles of walking is in my future)
- Camera with extra batteries and strap
- Extra ponytail and bobby pins (this one is for the girls)
- Extra Bag for goodies, tshirts, and more
- All apps updated and logged in (follow me on Instagram for plenty of SXSWi pics!)
In my planning, scheduling, and list making I have happened across a few other tips for the general conference and Austin area. These tips I’ve received from some SXSWi veterans:
- Talk to lots of people that you don’t know
- Ask for book recommendations
- Ask how to win free stuff to the booths
- Eat at The Salt Lick
- Eat at Homeslice and ask for a free shirt
This list should get me through the days I will be there. What must haves are you packing or putting on your to-do list for the upcoming SXSWi? Be sure to check back for more SXSWi updates from the newb perspective and follow me on Twitter for live tweeting of the convention!